The Building Brighter Futures program, provides scholarships, bursaries and awards to thousands of Indigenous students every year.
Indspire recognizes that First Nations, Inuit and Métis students encounter additional barriers to completing and funding their education.
In 2020–2021, Indspire awarded $19.9 million through 6,242 financial bursaries and scholarships.
Impact of the student awards:
- Approximately 90% of the awards recipients will graduate
- 58% of graduates achieved an undergraduate degree
- 89% of graduates are employed
- Over 50% of graduates have continued towards another post secondary credential
- About 60% of employed awards recipients work in fields that impact Indigenous people